Monday 21 April 2014

Award title 6c

I've narrowed down my selection to 3 choices or a self constructed one.

Dance,
Performing arts or
Musical Theatre.

Having my title as 'dance' limits my scope to deal with any other prospects in the future. Although dance was my main subject through training and my career I also acted and sang so would like a title that encompasses all.

'Musical theatre' is a serious possibitly as I spent the majority of my career working in this particular field. It's a subject I hold close to my heart and feel I'm somewhat experienced in all it's departments from auditioning to performance. I hope to be invoved with creating shows in the near future so it's a title that appeals to me. However, it does just limit me to musical theatre and as I have experience in other aspects of performing it's not quite right.

'Performing arts ' covers a wide range of subjects/departments dealing with all forms of professional dance, acting and singing. It enables me to branch out encompassing all types of circles in the field. In addition to my musical theatre career I've spent time as a commercial dancer, acted on tv and stage and have performed in concerts so I think with my future in mind I'm starting top lean towards this as a title. I've considered making it 'performing arts teacher' but again it limits me to merely teaching where-as I wish to direct and help produce too. I want to be able to cover all bases, all aspects of dancing, singing and acting and I think the the title 'performing atrs' will be best for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment